All traffic coming from Google App engine appears as the same IP address. We
cannot whitelist this IP, as we'd be instantly flooded with abuse from GAE.
Shared infrastructure hosting is often inappropriate for interacting with
non-authenticated web services due to this intractable abuse conundrum. I'd
suggest proxying through another server, or hosting your entire application
elsewhere.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.