> hi all.
>
> one of the complaints we hear about a lot is that
> statuses/update<http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-REST-API-Method:-statuses
> update>silently rejects tweets that are greater than 140 characters
> (as well as
> silently dropping duplicate tweets, and silently dropping malformed geotags)
> -- we have a change coming down the pipeline that will have statuses/update
> return a 403 error with the following error message "Status is over 140
> characters".  we just wanted to give you all a heads up first.  if there is
> any question on how to "count characters", then refer to
> http://apiwiki.twitter.com/FAQ#HowdoInbspcountoutnbsp140charactersnbsp.
>
> after this comes out, we're going to start tackling the other cases
> mentioned above.

Is this going to handle UTF-8 properly? There was never any confirmation
whether the UTF-8 characters vs bytes issue is now resolved, and I'd like
to hear definitively there is no issue with 140-CHARACTER tweets anymore.
Right now I continue to limit users to 140 bytes, and my Chinese users are
a bit peeved about that, but I have no proof that their tweets aren't getting
munged down the road.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- Dalai Lama to hotdog vendor: "Make me one with everything." ----------------