Sorry, John but this is really happening and I am having it on a daily
basis in the last 2 weeks on both dev machine and production. I am
using Apache httpClient and this code was working fine for months
before this started to happen 2 weeks ago. I have a java call "String
line =reader.readLine(); "  and this call at least once a day just
does not return (100% sure since I am logging all the call chain in
debug mode).

So please take a look at whatever data you are monitoring to see if
anything can explain this. In the meantime, I am building a monitoring
thread to force a restart on the connection which is really saddening

Thanks