the docs wiki pages list the end-point URLs such as:

http://search.twitter.com/search.format
and
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/home_timeline.format

but it doesn't say much about the "1" being a version number, or about why some
endpoints (e.g. search) have a different base URL than others, or why they were
recently changed, or if/when we should change our apps, or if the old endpoints
are depreciated.

or more than likely, it probably does say all those things, i just missed it
and was hoping the list could help me locate the docs.

thanks,
isaiah