On 02/23/2010 09:37 AM, John Kalucki wrote:
> Judging my some additional data found yesterday, this drop apparently
> happens most often at around say 14:30 and 16:00 UTC, a time period that we
> also happen to steeply climb into our daily peak traffic. By our monitoring,
> we have not experienced a connection drop so far this morning. But, I have
> no confidence that all streams are dropped during all events, and it's
> possible that our monitoring streams were just lucky -- and any true client
> drops were lost in the organic connection churn noise.
>
> If you have data to the contrary between say 14:00 UTC and 18:00 UTC today,
> please let us know. Otherwise, we're going to keep watching and waiting for
> this to happen again. Once we have a drop, we have a team of networking
> engineers at the ready to run through a pre-planned sequence of
> investigatory steps. With any luck, we'll identify the issue.
>
> -John Kalucki
> http://twitter.com/jkalucki
> Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.

My "sample" client is still running. I could write a script to go
through the huge files and look for gaps, since it apparently detected
the gap yesterday. Or I could just ship you the code - I think it's in
one of my open source repos on Github. ;-)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős