We've been looking around for a few hours, but something we thought
would be relatively easy has proven somewhat tricky.

Is there a basic URL syntax for sending a user to a page to retweet a
status ID? We display our statuses on our site, and just want to
provide a simple link to redirect someone to Twitter for retweeting.
Obviously we could just send them to the status page and let them
click the retweet manually, but we were hoping to save them that step.
We're guessing there's not a page for this, but perhaps someone's
figured out something we haven't yet.

Yes, we could use the API to handle this, but this is the only thing
we'd do with people's accounts, and having them OAUTH just to get
linked to a retweet page is actually adding steps to the process,
instead of removing them as we'd like to do.