Quoting John Kalucki <j...@twitter.com>:

Just as all other track parameters, you'll receive all updates up to a
certain proportion of all statuses -- then you'll be periodically limited,
denoted by limit messages.

The proportion is pretty generous. I don't think there are enough Geo tweets
in the whole system to get limited, never mind within a few bounding boxes.

Yeah, I've so far collected a total of 300 geotagged tweets "overnight" for PDX, out of many thousands from our "active night owl" tweeters. ;-) Even on "track", I rarely see limit messages. A "track" filter for "sea,world,killer,whale,orca,shamu" the other day only gave me one limit message with four dropped tweets, for example, and that was right after I started the test.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky/

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdos