This is the VB code I would use to start any http stream

            request = DirectCast(WebRequest.Create("http://
stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/filter.json - name:pw"), HttpWebRequest)
            request.Credentials = New NetworkCredential("name", "pw")
            ' Get response
            response = DirectCast(request.GetResponse(),
HttpWebResponse)

            ' Get the response stream into a reader
            reader = New StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream())

The streaming api documentation says to create a file called track.txt
and add text similar to this without the quotes.   "track=peter, paul,
mary"

Then use curl @track.txt http://stream.twitter.com/1/statuses/filter.json
- name:pw

I can't believe I have to shell out to DOS and run the curl command
line.

My direct question is how do others incorportate the @track.txt in the
VB.Net web request?

Maybe something like this?