I think in megabits per second, not megabytes per second. If I said
megabytes on Monday night, apologies.

This rate is now easy enough to deduce. A JSON tweet is about 1,400 bytes.
We announced 50mm tweets per day:

50000000 * 1400 / (24*3600) * 8
6481480

Or 6.4mbit, average. Peak rate is somewhat higher than the average. So,
very, very roughly...

-John