you should get some additional information on the oauth request that you
could use to call users/show.  however, also, if you were to call

http://api.twitter.com/1/users/show.json

for example, without the username in the URL, but do it using auth (sign the
request using oauth), then twitter should guess who you are from that and
return the data.

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team