It turns out you were right with this and John was right with the
POST. Thanks to all who replied. As soon as I changed
(request.readuntilend()) to (request.readline()) the data started
flowing in.

I don't want to muddy the water on this thread but I will by asking
the next predictable problem.  If I have  query string that is ?
track=peter,paul,mary, etc for 1000 terms......won't that exceed some
http limit on length? How does one track about 1000 terms on a single
stream connection? even if there is a method called
request.query(track=peter,paul,mary,etc) isn't that just a substitute
for putting it on the actual URL thus still exceding some length
limit?

Thanks,

 peter