I am an artist/n00b programmer trying to integrate electronics with my
art. I would like to use streaming information from twitter to power a
series of leds. The person interacting with the project would input
three search terms and the program I would like to write would then
send a signal to a microcontoller every time a tweet from the public
timeline includes one of those search terms. My question is how do i
make my program, most likely written in C, communicate with twitter?
Any help with any aspect of this project would be great.

Thanks,

Nick Sturtzel