Didn't previous conversations on similar topics leads to the concept
that every client needs its own key? And if so, how do you aggregate
stats on that?

If you give out a client with a single key, and you give away that
key, who is then responsible for the behavior of the application? Who
does Twitter contact when some douchenozzle starts sending spam or
injects a worm using your key? And how do you, the developer of the
app, then fix those problems, if everyone has your key, without
re-issuing a new key and invalidating all previous installs?

You should proxy your OAuth requests through a web app. Problems solved.

∞ Andy Badera
∞ +1 518-641-1280 Google Voice
∞ This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
∞ Google me: http://www.google.com/search?q=andrew%20badera