> HOLY CRAP!  Is that an API method that's equivalent to passing an array
> of IDs to /users/show?
>
> Is there a reason why it wasn't done "right"?
>
> /users/show.xml?user_id=12863272&user_id=3191321&user_id=9160152&...

i think "right" is in the eye of the beholder :P  i can stick that feature
request into our queue (no guarantees, however).

And why does this method *require* authentication when /users/show doesn't?

this is a fairly intensive and powerful call that is a vector into the
twitter system -- for now, we want to have some auditing on it.

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team