Taylor,

I don't think Twitter should develop its API in accordance with, or
let API design decisions be influenced by deficiencies in third-party
libraries.

Your API should adhere to specs, and third-party libraries should
follow suit.

The OAuth spec has said from Version 1: "Parameters are sorted by
name, using lexicographical byte value ordering. If two or more
parameters share the same name, they are sorted by their value."