Thanks!! Incidentally, the Firefox documentation says that Firefox doesn't store the retrieved location info anywhere, either on my client or on Mozilla servers. It's passing whatever it got from Google's service directly to Twitter.

So we have essentially Google and Twitter and my ISP all talking to each other trying to figure out where I am and mostly getting it wrong. Out of the three options Twitter gave me, two were totally wrong and one was right only in the broadest sense - technically, my zip code matches.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky/

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdos

Quoting Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com>:

http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:46 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky