This could conceivable happen even between requests.  The results are
ordered by the time somebody started following you, so if you want to have a
(fairly) complete list of your followers, just take a second pass and stop
when you start seeing people already in your cache.  Detecting people who
have stopped following you isn't possible with this method, so at the moment
you'll always be a bit out of date on this front.

  ---Mark

http://twitter.com/mccv