Twitter newb question:

Mark, I want to be clear that I'm not questioning the accuracy of your
answer at all; I'm sure you're correct.  However, I can't fathom why
there would be this much redundancy in the data returned by the
Twitter API.  If I understand correctly, if I get the 20 most recent
status posted by a user, then that user's data will be returned 20
times - one with each returned status.

Ed's original reply sounded plausible (and interesting), as it at
least provided a reason for the repeated inclusion of user objects,
inefficient though it might have been.

Even a basic normalization would include just the id in the status as
opposed to the entire user object. I have to assume that the user is
there for a reason, however it's one that I can't figure out.  Can you
or someone else educate me about why this data is present?

Thanks very much,
Kenneth