Like many others who post on these type of boards, I'm going to first
mention that I'm a newb.

Note: I'm using the PHP library TwtterLibPHP (http://github.com/jdp/
twitterlibphp)

I'm trying to pull out various pieces of information (in this case the
user name) using the status/mentions method in the json format and
while it works, it keeps giving me the followin g notice:

"Notice: Undefined index: screen_name in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/
twitter/index.php on line 18"

I searched online for an answer, some mentioned to just hide the
notice, but that doesn't really fix it...anybody have an idea to
resolve this?

Thanks,
Cassidy

Here is my code snippet:

<?php
require_once('twitlib/twitter.lib.php');

$username = 'theusername';
$password = 'thepassword';

$twitter = new Twitter($username, $password);

$mentions = $twitter->getMentions(array('page'=>1), 'json');

$mentions_decode = json_decode($mentions);

echo "@" . $mentions_decode['screen_name'] . " just mentioned me"; \
\The line giving me the notice

?>