I didn't get any response for last week's
http://twitter.com/CascadeRam/status/10487105790
, so I'm hoping to get an official response here.

In October, last year,
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-api-announce/browse_thread/thread/2b70bd6ea4aec175
recommended that all developers move to the new versioned apis and
that Twitter would set a hard date after whch http://twitter.com will
not be serviced.

However, 5 months after that announcement, the new versioned api
doesn't seem to be supported for Twitter OAuth calls (though the
versioned api works with other methods like
http://api.twitter.com/1/friendships/create.xml)

http://api.twitter.com/1/oauth/request_token returns a 404 (but
http://twitter.com/oauth/request_token and
http://api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token
work correctly)

So for now, I'm using the following (non-versioned) URLs
http://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=xxxxxx
http://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize
http://api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token

and I'm using versioned URLs for other stuff like
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/update.xml

Are these the best URLs to be using now ?

Does anyone know whether the 404 error is due to a bug, due to an
incomplete implementation of the new api or whether OAuth apis are
exempted from versioning ?