On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Grantcv1 <grant.vergott...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am building an app that will programmatically update my twitter
> status every hour or so. It will update my status from a server
> running without any interaction from me.
>
> From what I have learned, I should use OAuth rather than basic
> authentication. It seems that basic authentication is to shut down
> June 2010 (which seems rather soon).

I share your concern!

I use Classic ASP (Yes, there are many of us still using it it because
we like it!) and I have a classified ads on my site that automatically
sends a tweet out to announce whenever a new ad has been posted. For
my needs, Oauth seems to be convoluted and bloated. I've spotted lots
of Classic ASP users searching for an Oauth solution for their code.
I'm trying to understand it to figure out how to adapt my app to it,
but I may have to give up the automatic tweets. :(