HI Everyone,
I would like to build an application to help users to search the
newest statuses which have been published.

If I use the traditional search API, does this mean that I have to
keep polling Twitter to get the freshest statuses which have been
published? If that is the case, the rate limitation will be easily
consumed. Suppose my application has 20 users and each one searches a
different keyword, and each user needs to be updated every 3 seconds
(to make sure she gets fresh statuses). So the total polling in one
hour is 20*3600/3 = 24000, it is already over than the whitelisting
rate limitation even I only have 20 users...

Cheers
Lawrence