Does Twitter document the possible values of the "time_zone" field?

The values I see do not work directly to get the user's time zone, and
I'd like to map to UNIX times zones, or Java time zones. I can
(almost) use the "utc_offset" value, but that doesn't help me know if
this particular user is in an area that obeys daylight saving time, so
that I can display time in that user's native local format.