For the streaming API, the count parameter indicates how many statuses back
in history you want streamed before switching over to the live stream.  This
isn't supported on any of the default access levels that I know of.

When you say the download speed is too slow, what do you mean?  That you
want more statuses coming over the wire?

  ---Mark

http://twitter.com/mccv