On 03/26/2010 11:54 AM, Dewald Pretorius wrote:
> Ed,
>
> For app side filtering, you may want to look at Sphinx Search:
>
> http://www.sphinxsearch.com/

Yeah, I've seen Sphinx and all the Lucene clones and Namazu and half a
dozen others. My natural inclination has been toward PostgreSQL's
built-in text search, but I haven't seen a large "community" built up
around that like I have with the others.

In the end, I'll most likely end up with my own custom Perl / PostgreSQL
code, because most open-source licenses are too restrictive, I don't
know Python or Java well, and Ruby is too slow. PostgreSQL uses a BSD
license, which is a good thing. ;-)