List membership is as important as followers in terms of reach of a twitter
account (I won't say person, as bots and group-run corporate accounts also
have followers and get on lists). If you cannot easily see haw many lists a
person is on, you can't see
a) how relevant / influential they are to their current followers; and
b) the potential reach, beyond the n. followers they already have, that the
lists represent.
At the moment I permanently follow three lists created by other people, on
which more than half the people I don't follow, I'm sure there are plenty of
other people (especially tweetdeck users, where it is so easy) who do the
same thing.
For these reasons, I would say putting the list count in the user object
would provide us and our users with very useful additional piece of data.
Cheers, Nigel.