Jaanus,

Nobody intended to be mean, and nobody put into question whether
everyone at Twitter is doing a good job.

As Andrew noted, it's just that the job of Developer Advocate is not
being done at all. I see no malice in that. I believe it is just a
misunderstanding or a lack of understanding of the role.

To boil it down to the simplest of levels, an advocate is a person who
pleads for a cause or propounds an idea.

Hence, a developer advocate speaks, pleads, or argues in favor of
developers, particularly when their needs, wishes, desires, or
interests diverge from the needs, wishes, desires, or interests of
Twitter.