do you mean to be using "name search", or the general search API? Try using the search endpoint at search.twitter.con.

On Apr 11, 2010, at 11:48 AM, Jimmy <breathlo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on search api and and came across a problem. Here is my
query:

http://api.twitter.com/1/users/search.json?q=ipad&page=1

The result which I got is constant and never changes. I checked the
result after some span of time like: after 1-2 hours  but I got the
same result.

As per API we can only retrieve first 1000 matches in 50 pages(20
result each page) so does it mean that for life long I will keep
getting the same result for the same query? I mean that is weird!

I also matched the result of second and third page

http://api.twitter.com/1/users/search.json?q=ipad&page=2
http://api.twitter.com/1/users/search.json?q=ipad&page=3

within the span of 1-2 hours but the result was same each time.

Any kind of help will be appreciatable.