Hey all, I've noticed some very odd and inconsistent behaviour over
the past couple days that has me stumped.  When I use the users/show
endpoint using user_id the response produces a 404. When I use
screen_name of that same user everything works fine. Anybody know what
the scoop is?

here are a couple of examples:
{
      u'iso_language_code':u'en',
      u'text':u'Twittering from the eye doctors office. Its kinda
really boring here....',
      u'created_at':u'Sat,
      10      Apr 2010 16:20:50      +0000',
      u'profile_image_url':      u'http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/
770801237/CIMG5940_normal.JPG',
      u'source':      u'<a href="http://ubertwitter.com"
rel="nofollow">UberTwitter</a>',
      u'location':      u'ÜT:52.138437,
      -106.667903      ', u'      from_user':u'katie_walls',
      u'from_user_id':53548499,
      u'to_user_id':None,
      u'geo':None,
      u'id':11944382350      L,
      u'metadata':{
         u'result_type':u'recent'
      }

http://api.twitter.com/users/show.json?user_id=53548499 (404)
http://api.twitter.com/users/show.json?screen_name=katie_walls (200,
works fine)

Any ideas? I'm at a complete loss and I'm really not looking forward
to the repair costs of the hole I've made in the wall with the top of
my head.

Thanks!

- ryan.