On 04/11/2010 09:33 PM, Nick Arnett wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 5:14 PM, John Kalucki <j...@twitter.com> wrote:
>

>> This is useful stuff for dealing with infinite sequences of events -- like,
>> picking a random example, the insertion of new tweets into a materialized
>> timeline (a cache of the timeline vector).
>

> The Twitter stream is an infinite sequence of events... now that's serious
> optimism about how long Twitter will exist!
>
> Sorry, just had to say it.
>
> Of course, some infinities are bigger than others.
>
> Nick

Ah yes ... and the "tweet rate" is growing "exponentially" ... except
that such growth is economically implausible. Thanks for reminding me -
another Chirp question for Google Moderator. ;-)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky/ @znmeb

"I've always regarded nature as the clothing of God." ~Alan Hovhaness