So if I got this right, Twitter is going to distribute both Tweetie for
iPhone and Tweetie for Mac for "free", thus competing with its developer
community in the Twitter desktop and mobile client space with "free"
products?  And all those "other" desktop and mobile apps that helped put
Twitter on the map, well they're just SOL?  And somehow Twitter believes
this move is going to encourage developers to continue to develop for a
platform that will eventually compete against all but one of them with
predatory "free" pricing?  Sounds like you must be looking for developers
from the "Las Vegas School of Business", not business partners within a
symbiotic ecosystem.