Thanks for confirming.  Glad I'm not alone!

Are you using the "source" keyword in your queries?  The more I try,
the more I think that seems to be the problem since I can't recreate
timeouts/long query times when I don't use it.  But again, maybe not

I'll work on not using it for now.  But, thought I'd mention in case
anybody from the twitter search team is out there.

Nice app BTW, looks cool.

rw