I was able to post a couple tweets successfully with TweetBox from my
dev environment.

the first: http://twitter.com/floxee/statuses/12241908454
the second: http://twitter.com/floxee/statuses/12242293495

However, it seems odd to me that the 2nd tweet was possible when I
logged into the app (via twitter oauth) as a different user. The tweet
was posted from the account with which the application was registered
and not the account i was logged in with.

It also seems like it's possible to post a tweet via tweetbox when you
are completely logged out of any app AND logged out of twitter AND
with cache/cookies/session cleared. The tweet will be posted from the
application's account. Don't think this is proper functionality.