Whoa! When did this endpoint become rate limited?

This wiki page seems to be stale:
http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Rate-limiting

It says that verify-credentials is not rate-limited.

Since this is an authenticated call, the rate-limit I guess gets applied to
the authenticating user. If the authentication is not successful, does it
get applied to the IP address? In any case, I feel the limit for this
endpoint should be accounted against the IP-address as a fall-back when the
user's quota is reached, since the verify-credentials calls by an app can
get held for arbitrarily long, if the user's quota is getting filled up by
some other call (possibly by another app).

Also, can you tell me what is the response code when the rate-limit is
reached? The wiki page says "400 error codes" in this context, but which
exact error code?

Thanks,
Harshad

--