My suggestion is to use curl, take a look at the output, and reverse
engineer that.  If you want a more formal approach, you can look at the Atom
RelaxNG specification here http://atompub.org/2005/08/17/atom.rnc, but
search results will have some additional customization on top of that.

  ---Mark

http://twitter.com/mccv