So I'm looking at the streaming api (track), and I've got thousands of
searches.  ( http://tweettronics.com ) I mainly need it to deal with
terms that are very high volume, and to deal search api rate limiting.

The main difficulty I'm thinking about is the best way to de-multiplex
the stream back into the individual searches I'm trying to accomplish.

1. How do you handle if the searches are more complex than single
terms, but a boolean expression... Do you convert the boolean into
something like regex, and then run that regex on every tweet... So if
I have several thousand regexs and thousands of tweets, that's a huge
amount of processing just to demultiplex... But is that the way to go?
2 And if the search is just a simple expression, do folks simply
demultiplex by doing a string search for each word in the search for
every received tweet... like above?

I'm looking for recommended ways to demultiplex the search stream...

Thanks,
jeffrey greenberg