I think it would be incredibly helpful to have an endpoint where we
could request direct messages sent back and forth between an
authorized user and some other user. This would make it significantly
easier to allow users to move backward through conversations with a
single user. Right now the only alternative is potentially making lots
of calls to direct_messages and direct_messages/sent hoping to come
across dms specific to that one user.
I imagine this endpoint would look like this:
* user_id. Specifies the ID of the user whose private conversations
with the authenticated user should be returned.
* screen_name. Specifies the screen name of the user whose private
conversations with the authenticated user should be returned.
* since_id. Optional. Returns only direct messages with an ID
greater than (that is, more recent than) the specified ID.
* max_id. Optional. Returns only statuses with an ID less than (that
is, older than) or equal to the specified ID.
* count. Optional. Specifies the number of direct messages to
retrieve. May not be greater than 200.
* page. Optional. Specifies the page of direct messages to retrieve.
It would also be helpful to have an endpoint that retrieved new dms
sent or received since some id, instead of having to make calls to two
endpoints as we currently do, but I imagine user streams probably
covers this need.