YCBM,

Is it possible to handle a custom URI scheme in the context of your
extension for the oauth_callback?

Example: You tell the request_token step that your oauth_callback is
supercoolplugin://handle_oauth_callback or something like
chrome://plugin/supercool/handle_oauth_callback (I'm not a Firefox extension
developer, obviously, but I've heard down the pipe that this is possible)
and then you handle that callback using your extension. Then after sending
the user to the authorization step, your plugin handles the callback and
sets itself up.

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod