On 4/23/2010 1:28 PM, Brian Truebe wrote:
Yes, the email that is sent out after an application is suspended does
explain possible rule violations. This email is sent to the account
that registered the application, so if you've registered an app with
an auxiliary account not tied to an email address you check regularly
then an app suspension may come as a rather unfortunate surprise.

That's still a bit of a head-scratcher. You said "possible rule violations". Does this mean that the actual reason why the application was suspended is point out, or does it mean that there's just a link back to the terms of service? As a Developer if my app went over some limits and got cut off I'd like to know what limits they went over (actually what I really would like to know is the specific time and place so I could nail down the problem myself, but I'll just settle for the specific reason).

While there is no "sandbox," we're very open to discussing any
concerns an app developer may have while they develop their app. The
best course of action is to read the rules first while developing.  If
you're still worried a feature you're developing may result in your
users being suspended our your entire app being suspended then you can
always email us at a...@twitter.com and we'll be happy to work with you
to ensure the longevity of your application.  I hope this helps.

-Brian

While that's nice for things that may be forward looking, a lot of us as developers know that bugs are a lot clearer in hind-sight then in foresight, which is a given. After all if we could see our bugs in foresight chances are those bugs wouldn't happen. And cutting off the application completely really doesn't give us a way to reintroduce the app and fix any bugs that we may have introduced accidentally short of a long conversation to "prove" to you guys that we really aren't spammers or shady characters in black hats.