On 04/25/2010 07:50 AM, Abava wrote:
> For the upcoming basic auth shutdown:
>
> What if I have own application that requests data from my own twitter
> account. What is an easiest way for the authentication in this case?
> It is the only one application that works with this account. And it
> works with this account only. Is it still OAuth?

There are a number of REST API calls that don't require authentication
at all! For example, you can get the list of friends, list of followers
and 16 pages of up to 200 tweets from any non-protected user, including
yourself, without authenticating. The only advantage to authentication
here is that you get the higher oAuth rate limit instead of the default
150 calls per hour, and the rate limit is assessed per account and not
per IP address.

But yes, if you do authenticate, use oAuth.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős