On 04/25/2010 08:40 PM, John Kalucki wrote:
> The user endpoint is very similar to the filter endpoint. We're tuning
> the parameters, but, yes, you can track and loc, just as on filter,
> but you can't follow.
>
> Duplicated JSON isn't really a big concern, but I'll look into what we
> can trim. The markup is rendered once for all receivers. If the rules
> fire, you get the same event as everyone else who is party to the
> event. There are also use cases beyond user streams that require
> completeness.
>
> -John Kalucki
> http://twitter.com/jkalucki
> Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.

One more question about user streams: when @bob sends a tweet to @carol,
I only see that tweet in the web application if I am following *both*
@bob and @carol. Is the same true for user streams, or will I see the
tweet if I'm only following @bob?

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős