On Apr 26, 11:34 pm, kprobe <goo...@kprobe.com> wrote:
> To help the algorithms detect this type of hashtag spam, what he is
> doing is varying the content slightly, with different numbers of
> hashtags, and different goo.gl shortened links that loop back to
> twitter status messages and provide no content whatsoever. Appears to
> be an attempt to get lots of "different" links to his website via

I wonder if this problem could be solved simply by integrating the
results from search with a filter from a service such as twase to
exclude tweets from users that don't meet a "likely non-spammy user"
threshold that you define?

I'll see if I can whip up a prototype over the weekend (unless someone
beats me to it).
--
Glenn
http://glenngillen.com/