The twitter screen name is less of a concern, yes John. But a Twitter
username can take an email address also, which isn't information otherwise
provided by the API and is personally identifiable and especially dangerous
when stored in conjunction with a password. A screen name, in context with
data we return to you falls under our rather liberal caching policies -- you
get the screen name along with the user id as a response to a valid access
token request.

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod