I'm gonna poke some gentle fun at you here. I'm spidering the whole
social graph. I'm 25% done with my first pass. I will need two passes
to accomplish my goal. I hope to be done sometime in 2011.

You can limit your service to the vast majority of people who have far
fewer than one million followers. I can't. I just have to keep
crawling, 24x7.

Twitter should provide a quarterly snapshot of everyone's friends and
followers, or even just a quarterly snapshot of which accounts are
considered active. This would save twitter millions of API calls.

Until that day, we cache.