In my case (I can't speak for Greg), I'd like to use @anywhere in a
"read-only" way.  For following, I want the user to utilize my server
side code (and their credentials from OAuth).

It would be great if I could use the @anywhere simply to display that
user's twitter profile.  Until twitter solves the @anywhere => OAuth
v1 issue, I don't think I'll use it.

I suspect the livequery plugin could possibly be utilized to hide the
follow button.  I'll do some testing on that.