There might be a rate limit trick or two that you might find useful:
http://blog.abrah.am/2010/04/little-known-twitter-and-twitterapi.html

You should also make sure to read the API TOS thoroughly. You are not auto
following/unfollowing but you are still performing bulk operations.
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/api_terms

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Developer for hire | http://abrah.am