I guess to be more specific, will we still be able to use the Streaming API with basic auth after June 30th if there is no oAuth implementation for it?

John Kalucki wrote:
Eventually the Streaming API will be all oAuth as well, but on a
different, yet to be determined, schedule.

User Streams will launch with oAuth. The preview will switch over to oAuth soon.

-John