We have a weird error condition in the OAuth implementation right now that
throws invalid nonce errors when it's not necessarily the issue. We're still
tracking what exactly causes this down, but believe that it's not applicable
to the OAuth implementation rewrite we'll soon be rolling out.

In the meantime, when you get this error and you're fairly certain you've
never used the nonce before, if you can provide a signature base string and
authorization header corresponding to the failed request it will give us
better visibility into possible causation.

Thanks!

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod