Hi Taylor,

Thanks for your quick response.

So I did notice the ampersand at the end of the consumer secret
(normally it's between the consumer secret and the token secret,
right?)  The HMAC_SHA1 class that I'm attempting to use in my above
example does that (line 69 of HMAC_SHA1.java), and in my code I did
the same.  As for url-encoding the signature, well, you can see that's
not the difference between what I'm generating and what the doc
shows.  For what it's worth, my code and net.oauth.signature.HMAC_SHA1
generate the same signature, but it's different from what's in the
Twitter documentation :|

I've put up an example of my code on PasteBin so you can run it
entirely independent of any other libraries.  If anyone can get it to
generate the same signature that the documentation says it should be,
I'll be thrilled :)
http://thomnichols.pastebin.com/w6i47wNA

Thanks.
-Tom