Hi Rushikesh,

You won't be able to use your two whitelisted accounts to enquire about rate
limiting for other accounts.

Think of an access token as essentially the user. Your consumer key is
essentially your application.

In basic auth, these two concepts were more intertwined. In the world of
OAuth they are separate.

When a method says it "requires authentication" -- that means it requires an
access token, meaning that the call is from the perspective of a user. It's
not just that there's some need for authentication, it's that the entire
operation, when used with an access token, is predicated on the perspective
of the member represented by your access token.

As you said, some member accounts are whitelisted and have higher rate
limits. Some do not. The only way you'll find out the rate limit for a
specific twitter member, in relation to your application and the IP address
being used, is by using an access token for that member. If you don't have
an access token for the member, you'll have no way to discover their rate
limit.

In our current implementation of OAuth, there is no concept of an
application acting on its own behalf without a user context. This context
will come, but whether an application can inquire about rate limits for
users that haven't explicitly given the application permission (through the
OAuth process) is unlikely.

Taylor